next step #2
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. (Heb. 10:25)
Why Do I Need A Church?
Despite popular belief, church attendance is not optional for Christians.
- God has commanded us to attend church.
- Christ died for the church and we do not truly love Christ unless we love His church. Loving our fellow believers is the mark of a true disciple.
- Church is important for our spiritual formation. Meeting and worshipping with other believes helps to strengthen us. While no church is perfect, working through problems for the sake of unity helps us to grow.
- Christ has assigned the church with a worldwide mission and we need each other to carry it out.
- The Church is Christ's body on earth. We are to function as a connected member of that body.